Your Network For Resources: Making Connections and bridging relationships!
Visitors: Click on the link below to begin making connections.
Heritage. Pass it on!
(3) Steps To Student Engagement, Empathy, Excelling and Empowerment Using Mama Said…
- Student-Centered Leadership – Becoming a respectful and caring student
- Parent/Family Leadership – Discover, promote and celebrate your child’s natural talents
- Teacher Efficacy & Leadership
Creating Effective Communicators – Empowering your students by teaching empathy skills
- Administrative Efficacy and Leadership – Creating a school climate of service
- A Structure of Belonging – Learn how to partner with community businessesThis story speaks to the basic needs of every child.
- Review from AMAZON.COM – November 21, 2016
This is a wonderful story. It speaks to the basic needs of every child. All children need someone to be there for them like mama is for Bonita when she needs her. Bonita is very fortunate in that she also has a great family; parents, brothers, and sisters that provide support in her hour of need. Beyond that there is her teacher who encourages Bonita, gives her some direct instruction, and then directs her towards yet another source of help.
Parents and educators should also make use of the communication section included in the back of the book. Communication is the best tool we can use to learn ways in which someone is in need. Often a child such as Bonita is struggling and no one listens or ignores the pleas for help. In Bonita’s case her mama saw and heard, then followed through with constructive and loving advice. Communication is a two way street which means that an environment of safety and trust needs to be provided for a back and forth exchange to take place.
The communication section provides the tools needed to better understand that basic needs must be met before a child is receptive to learning. Many children need to have a caring mama or educator to help them but they also need to be able to communicate what their needs are and it is here that the communication section provides the means to help with that aspect.
Dr. J. Giblin – McPherson College Milwaukee Campus
© All rights reserved B.J. Edwards Communication – Milwaukee, Wisconsin